Schedule a Meeting With Our Vancouver Personal Injury Law Firm
It’s normal to feel overwhelmed by a legal problem, particularly if you are injured and trying to recover from an accident. If you think you have a legal problem, we can help. As one of the premier personal injury law firms in Vancouver, we can:
- explain the legal problem to you
- explain the law to you
- evaluate your case and present its strengths and weaknesses to you
- explain your legal options
- take care of all dealings with the insurance company
- protect your legal rights
- advocate your cause and act on your behalf so you don’t have to do the casework yourself
- help to negotiate a settlement so you don’t have to go to court
- prepare you for court if it becomes necessary
No matter where you are in your legal battle, we can help support and guide you through until your case is closed. Even if you’ve tried to solve the problem yourself, it’s not too late to come and talk to us. Our lawyers take the time to help you understand your case by explaining it to you in plain English—so that you’ll clearly know what your options are and what course of action should be taken. Our firm has been practicing personal injury law for more than 20 years and will handle your case with precision and expertise.
Your first visit is free
The basis of all good professional relationships is communication and trust. We’re good listeners—we want to understand you, your concerns, and your legal problem. You need to understand the information surrounding your case and trust that we will guide you with correct and sound legal advice. During your first visit, we will listen to you explain your circumstances and case, and lay out the path to resolution—all informed by our years of legal study and experience.
We understand that choosing a personal injury attorney is not a simple choice, which is why we won’t ever put undue pressure on your decision. There is no cost to you for your first visit, and no obligation to continue with our professional services.
To make it easier for you to visit with us, we are available for appointments at five locations throughout the lower mainland of British Columbia. Come see us at our personal injury law firm offices in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Richmond, Port Coquitlam, Burnaby and Surrey BC. Unable to visit one of our offices due to your injury? Just let us know and we can arrange to meet you in your home or in the hospital.
How much will it cost?
It won’t cost you anything to meet with us and tell us about your accident or injury. If you have a legal problem that you want us to help you with, we’ll explain the cost of your legal action. If you have been in a car accident or were injured some other way, we take our fees from the amount you receive after resolving your case. So, for example, if you were injured in a car accident, and we helped you get a sum of money from ICBC to compensate you for your injuries, we would charge a certain percentage of that money. This means there is no cost to you for our legal services while we are working on the case. It also means that you don’t pay legal fees if you are not successful.
We’re not only one of the most reputable and successful personal injury law firms in Vancouver, we care about your security and well-being. That means that if we are not successful in getting you a money settlement or court judgment in your case, you don’t have to pay us anything for our legal services.
What do we need to know?
As in all your other relationships with professionals, we need to know who you are—including a bit of personal information (such as your occupation), your personal circumstances, and how we can contact you. For your first appointment, we also request that you bring documents regarding the nature of your injury.
- It’s a good idea to bring a file of documents with you when you come to a meeting. Things like police reports, photographs of the accident scene, and letters from ICBC (or your insurance) are all important documents to bring to the first meeting.
- If it helps you remember details, you can write a short summary of what and when things happened and give it to us.
- You can also write down questions that you would like to ask us, like whether you need to contact witnesses or how long it will take to settle your case.
- Most importantly, we’ll ask you questions about your legal problem. If you were in a car accident, we’ll need to hear about what happened that day. If you were injured and off work for a period of time, we’ll need to hear about that, too. If you don’t know whether information is important, just tell us everything and we’ll sort out what is relevant to your case. We’re here to listen and to ask you questions about things we need to know.
Need more details about what to bring to your first meeting? See our checklist. Reading it before you meet with us will remind you to prepare certain essential facts and documents beforehand that will help us fight for your case in court. Make sure you are prepared with information about the events surrounding your injury—including the date, time and location of the accident, the name and address of your doctor, and how long you were off work after the accident.
Thank you for visiting the site of one of the most successful personal injury law firms in Vancouver. We’re excited to work with you and know that you will have a positive experience with everyone at the firm of Taylor and Blair. Call us today to schedule an appointment.