According to statistics the majority of multiple vehicle accidents that involve a motorcycle are not the motorcyclist’s fault. Motorcyclists can take precautions to avoid accidents. Taking an approved safety course and driving defensively won’t prevent an accident but will lower the risk. If an accident should happen to you, we recommend the following steps:
- Make sure everyone is all right. If anyone is injured, be sure to call for medical attention.
- Next, move all vehicles to the side of the road, if possible. Use hazard lights to alert any oncoming traffic of the accident.
- Be sure to trade information with each driver involved in the accident—including names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance information, etc. It’s also a good idea to take note of plate numbers, and the makes and models of the other vehicles. A photo with a cell phone is a good idea.
- Call the police! A police report is a vital part of recovering damages, so be sure to call authorities to the scene.
- Take note of all the important details of the scene, such as when, where, and how the accident happened. Make sure to interview any witnesses and record their information and comments as soon as possible.
As always, when an accident does occur, be sure to get the help of Vancouver car accident lawyers. The team at Taylor and Blair is experienced with handling the facts of an accident and helping a rider to receive compensation for damages and injuries. If you want an experienced and compassionate car accident lawyer you can trust, come to Taylor and Blair.
Kevin Blair &
Taylor & Blair
Personal Injury lawyers
1607 – 805 West Broadway